By John Evans, Feb 17 2021 02:43PM
Anyone visiting the site recently will have maybe noticed some problems with it.
The immediate ones have now been fixed but for how long I don't know.
The site is old and based on Adobe Flash. Adobe pulled support for Flash in January. We had been warned for some time that this would happen, but to be totally honest the thought of rebuilding a new website from this one, with over 100 pages, was something I just put off time and again.
However, the site could still be seen by customers (this is where I don't know for how long) but I couldn't do anything with it; no additions, no alterations, nothing, as the backend was unavailable.
Yesterday I got notice that Moonfruit (the host) had come up with a workaround (hurray, at last. They really are pretty useless!) which has let me into the editor.
So what you see now is current as of this date.
Unfortunately, as it is still on the Flash base, it will show up in your browser bar as unsafe. This, I am assured, is not the case as the site is now edited on a specific unique version of the Firefox browser.
So that's where I am at the moment. My guess, just a guess, is that a new HTML5 site is going to be absolutely necessary eventually and I have made a tentative start on it.. Don't hold your breath for it!!